Ace Tigers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules of the Art Studio: Writing

Go down

Rules of the Art Studio: Writing Empty Rules of the Art Studio: Writing

Post  Ace Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 am

Greetings! I welcome you to the writing section of the art forums! The general rules apply here also, of course, but in this post, I'll be going into specifics. "Well, that's a positively fantastic introduction you've given us, but what exactly are these specifics?" you may ask. Well, I'm just about to explain that! Here they are:

1) Topics. You can post your poems, stories, songs, whatever! Many genres and topics are allowed. However, sexually explicit, disturbingly gory, discriminatory towards race, gender, etc. are not allowed. Romance and slightly bloody writings are fine, though you should add a warning to any bloody or violent works. Inappropriate writing will be deleted by admins, and consistently breaking these rules will result in a ban.

2) Plagiarism. You can only post stories/poems/songs you have written yourself. No tolerance will be given to anyone stealing someone else's writing. If you believe someone is stealing, contact me (Ace) or Tiger. People stealing writing WILL be banned.

3) Critiques. If someone wants critical feedback on their work, they'll say so. If they don't want critique, then please, respect their wishes and don't post a critique. It's good manners. Also, when writing a critique, keep in mind that you're pointing out places where improvements could be made, not mindlessly criticizing someone's writing.

Et voilĂ , that's the specifics! "Oh, thank you for such a fancy explanation!" you may exclaim, and then ask, "How could I ever show my gratitude to you?" It's very simple, really, just follow these rules, and you'll do fine. Also, you'll be doing everyone a favor by keeping the forums running smoothly, as they should be.
Now, whip out your trusty word processor, and get writing! Ace cloaked
Ace
Ace
The Grand Ace
The Grand Ace

Back to top Go down